přezdívka:
heslo:
registrace

Minimax.cz - minimax umeni

Co je minimax?
Minimax je umělecký server pro všechny autory. Vyjádřete se! Prezentujte své malby, fotografie, poesii či prózu, komentujte ostatní autory. Více informací
Žánry
Menu
Ikonka na web
Inzerce
Kdo je online
nikdo + 6 anonymů
Reklama Google
Statistiky
TOPlist
Minimax.cz - umělecký server pro všechny autory: Diskusní fórum

MINIMAX.cz :: Zobrazit téma - his 16th World Championship
 FAQFAQ   HledatHledat   Uživatelské skupinyUživatelské skupiny   NastaveníNastavení   Soukromé zprávySoukromé zprávy   PřihlášeníPřihlášení 

his 16th World Championship

odeslat nové téma   Odpovědět na téma    Obsah fóra MINIMAX.cz -> Výtvarné umění
Zobrazit předchozí téma :: Zobrazit následující téma  
Autor Zpráva
jinshuiqian0713
Žvanil

Zaregistrován od: 07. Jan, 2019

PříspěvekZaslal: pá 24. duben, 2020 2:20    Předmět: his 16th World Championship Odpovědět s citátem

FORT ERIE, Ont. -- Eurico Rosa Da Silva has his Canadian Triple Crown. The veteran jockey took Coltimus Prime to the lead from the start, then cruised to a comfortable 3 1/2-length win in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes on Tuesday night at Fort Erie Racetrack. With two Queens Plate crowns (09 with Eye of the Leopard and 10 aboard Big Red Mike) and a Breeders Stakes score (13 with Up With The Birds) already under his belt, the Prince of Wales was the lone Triple Crown event missing on Da Silvas resume. "Ive been riding 10 years in Canada . . . Ive finished second and third in this race before but I never won," he said. "For me, I am so grateful to win this race. "It was a very important race for me, Ive got my Triple Crown. Im so happy, its like a dream." The victory was also very special for trainer Justin Nixon, a 45-year-old native of Windsor, Ont., who got his start in at the Fort Erie oval and was based there from 1996 to 2002. "Its a dream come true," Nixon said following his biggest career victory. "Ive watched a lot of good horses run here and seen a lot of good horses get beat here. "Learning the game here . . . its something special to win the biggest race here." Nixon brought Coltimus Prime to Fort Erie last week to get acclimated to the track conditions and felt the horse was as ready for Tuesday nights race as he could possibly be. "We tried to do everything we could to put this horse in the best possible position to win," Nixon said. "He trained dynamite, hes eaten well, hes just done everything the way youd want a horse to going into a race." And Da Silva said it showed. "That was a great move bringing the horse here early," the jockey said. "The horse today knew everything he was doing, he just showed me the way." The dark bay, named after the leader of the Autobots from the Transformers series, was coming off a disappointing ninth-place finish in the Queens Plate behind filly winner Lexie Lou. But Coltimus Prime, a 5/1 pick, set the pace right from the start, with Da Silva admitting he kept waiting for other horses to challenge him, but it never came. "Justin told me to do what I want, I took the horse to the gate and he was sharp but very focused," the two-time Sovereign Award winner said. "I felt if it was a soft pace I would put him right in the lead and if somebody really chased I would take him back, it would be no problem because hes a very quiet horse. "But he went all the way, he was so happy . . . when I turned home, I didnt even wait. This is a long stretch but because I have so much horse it would be no problem. I was worried someone would make a run on him but I have so much horse it would be very tough to catch him." Lexie Lou didnt run in Tuesdays race. Coltimus Prime finished the 1 3/16-mile event in 1:54.58 on a fast track. Lynx, also a 5/1 pick, finished second ahead of Amis Holiday, the 8/5 favourite who started badly but rallied to take third in his first career start on dirt. The remainder of the field, in order of finish, included: Smart Spree; Rhythm Blues; East Side; Lions Bay; Ascot Martin; Matador; and Money Talks. Jockey Frankie Pennington moved Lynx behind Coltimus Prime at the quarter-mile point and felt he had the leader within range coming around the final turn. That is, until Coltimus Prime took off for home. "The winner was sitting easy," Pennington said. "I thought I had him going around the turn but when he opened up, he took off and we were just second-best today. "I had a good trip. (Lynx) handled the course great. We were sitting in a great spot and he ran a big race." Luis Contreras, the jockey aboard Amis Holiday, said his horse ran well once he settled down after the bad start. "My trip was fine after the first three-sixteenths (of a mile)," he said. "There were three or four horses outside of me that tried to get to the rail but I let my horse run. "After that I had a perfect trip. My horse was running really well at the end, he just ran out of room." Coltimus Prime paid $12.80, $6.50 and $3.90 while Lynx returned $6 and $3.80. Amis Holiday paid $2.70. Coltimus Prime earned his third win to go with two second-place efforts in nine career starts for earnings surpassing $414,000. The third and final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown is the $500,000 Breeders Stakes on Aug. 17 at Woodbine. Nixon was non-commital about Coltimus Prime running in 1 1/2-mile turf event but didnt exactly endorse it, either. "We certainly wouldnt hesitate to try him again on dirt," he said. "I dont like running them on grass after they win on the dirt. "Well just play it by ear for now. Well enjoy today and not worry about whats next." Cheap Jerseys Stitched . Bryce Harper? He also came into Wednesday without a long ball and hadnt driven in a run. He was hitting .160, had nearly three times as many strikeouts as hits and was dropped to seventh in the batting order. Cheap Jerseys Authentic . In an interview with La Presse this week, the five-time Stanley Cup champion and three-time NHL scoring leader specifically took aim at wingers Thomas Vanek and Max Pacioretty, saying they cant show up in a 7-4 win over the New York Rangers in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final and come up empty in Game 6. http://www.cheapjerseysonlinestore.com/. -- Masahiro Tanaka knows that first appearance in a spring training game for the New York Yankees will be scrutinized. Cheap Jerseys Online . Cabrera is hitting .218 with three homers and 16 RBI in 80 games this season. The Padres recalled second baseman Brooks Conrad from Triple-A El Paso to replace Cabrera on the roster. Cheap Jerseys 2022 . - Jerome Verrier scored the winner 8:24 into overtime and Louis-Phillip Guindon stopped 46 shots as the Drummondville Voltigeurs edged the host Val-dOr Foreurs 4-3 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action.Phil Taylor will take on Michael van Gerwen tonight in Rotterdam, so we asked Rod Studd to recall two classic matches between the pair. The Power and Might Mike will renew their rivalry in the Netherlands on Thursday, live on Sky Sports 1, with both men hoping to take top spot in the Premier League. Studd has watched plenty of their past encounters and picks out a career-defining clash and a fantastic fightback. Van Gerwen v Taylor, 2012 Grand Slam of Darts Van Gerwen headed into the match with confidence after a title win in Dublin This match was just after Michael had won the Grand Prix in Ireland, which was the beginning of his renaissance, but at the time we still werent sure whether he would re-emerge as the biggest thing in darts. Taylor had lost a group game and they ended up meeting in the first knockout phase of the competition. Phil was the defending champion and the overwhelming favourite because Van Gerwen had not beaten him for five years. Sky Live: PL Darts night 15 Michael van Gerwen will be have home support when he faces Phil Taylor in Rotterdam It was a high-quality game and went with the throw for the first eight legs, but the middle of the match would prove decisive.Taylor missed the bullseye for a 167 finish in the ninth leg, allowing Van Gerwen to break. He would miss the bull again in the 10th and then the 11th and Van Gerwen punished the latter with a 130 checkout on the bull. Michael said it was maybe the best game of his life and I remember saying: The future of darts has just become the present. Rod Studd That was pretty much it for Van Gerwen, who averaged 108 in a 10-5 win, while Taylor averaged nearly 105.Van Gerwen went on to lose the final to Raymond van Barneveld, but I think everyone knew the baton was going to be passed on from Taylor to Van Gerwen. Michael said it was maybe the best game of his life and I remember saying: The future of darts has just become the present. Van Gerwen v Taylor, 2013 World Championship final Doubters had suggested that Taylor was on the slide ahead of 2013 final Just under two monthss later, people were starting to question whether Taylor was going to be overtaken by Van Gerwen.dddddddddddd Both men progressed to the final, where bookmakers were struggling to split the two players, but most pundits believed this was Van Gerwens time.Taylor had those shenanigans with Raymond van Barneveld in the semi-final, which had ended in pushing and shoving. He had a terrible heavy cold and everything seemed to point towards a Van Gerwen win. It started as most thought it would, with Van Gerwen going 2-0 and then 4-2 up, but he then missed two darts at a double for a commanding 5-2 lead. Taylor fought back to 4-3 and that set turned the match in his favour. Taylor found something from somewhere at 4-2 down and still had that amazing refusal to lose. Rod Studd In the ninth set, Taylor really stepped on the gas. He had a couple of 11-dart finishes. He went in front 5-4 and pulled away to win 6-4, hitting double 16 for his 16th World Championship and probably the greatest of them all.The Sid Waddell trophy, named in honour of our late, great colleague, would be lifted for the first time. Taylor found something from somewhere at 4-2 down and still had that amazing refusal to lose. Phil Taylor faced Michael van Gerwen in the 2013 World Championship final You can never say with any certainty that Phil Taylor will lose a darts match because time and time again he has got that ability to keep winning. Watch Premier League Darts on Thursday at 7pm, live on Sky Sports 1. Also See: Parts PL Darts predictions WATCH: MVG v Taylor 2013 Taylor: MVG is phenomenal MVG expects goosebumps ' ' '
Zobrazit informace o autorovi Odeslat soukromou zprávu
Zobrazit příspěvky z předchozích:   
odeslat nové téma   Odpovědět na téma    Obsah fóra MINIMAX.cz -> Výtvarné umění Časy uváděny v GMT + 1 hodina
Strana 1 z 1

Přejdi na: